- Storage In the Enterprise – Part 1/Part 2 – ShowNotes: We walk through the basics of storage followed by how the cloud solution architect team helped a customer overcome some challenges for moving data around to different engineering sites around the globe
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Part 1: With special guest and data scientist Laura Edell, we walk through machine learning and simplify the theory and math behind it that allows computers to use existing data to forecast future behaviors, outcomes, and trends. Throughout the segment, we highlight capabilities in Azure to facilitate some of these functions and will walk through a real-world scenario in the next edition!
- Isolating Environments in Azure: Link: In this episode we bring in Brian Harrison to discuss some considerations and features of Azure available to secure and protect workloads. Join us to hear how we’ve helped customers address some of these concerns and learn about how Azure can help!
- Averting a Disaster with Azure: Link: In this episode we talk with Richard Timmering to walk through how he was able to use Azure during a crises situation for his customer where their primary datacenter supporting government services such as 911 dispatch was impacted by a wildfire. We also highlight how Azure could be used as a failover site for the customer’s environment in the future!
- Building an Elastic DataWarehouse: Link: In this episode we talk with data-scientist Pankaj Satyaketu to simplify the plethora of options available for consuming and reporting on data and how Azure’s elasticity can provide scalable compute power to make sense out of the largest datasets. (Link to GitHub Repo with Scripts)
- Deploying Applications to Kubernetes: Link: We talk with Shivashanker Bitla on how he helped his customers take advantage of higher density computing by leveraging Kubernetes containers on Azure AKS
- Application Modernization with Service Fabric : Link: Here we talk with Colin Cole about Service Fabric, how it can be used in Azure, how it compares with other container based deployment technologies and most importantly how he’s helped customers improve their efficiencies using it!
- Protecting Web Applications in the Cloud: Link: This time we connect with Adam Turner to review how he’s helped customers protect web applications running in Azure with security solutions available in Azure to that actively protect and monitor these workloads!
- Azure SQL and Elastic Pools at Scale: Link – This time we are joined by a peer of ours, Michael McKechney, providing us an insight into how his customer migrated to SQL Azure to find themselves with 100’s of instances to manage for their SaaS application and what he did to help them simplify this architecture using SQL Elastic pools to save them money and introduce efficiencies to their infrastructure!
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Part 2: We invite back Data Scientist Laura Edell to have fun and walk through her Machine Learning model to beat odds in Fantasy Football! This is an excellent way to see first hand how Azure Machine Learning can go to work for your business to statistically identify patterns in data!
- Azure Dev-Ops: Any Language, Any Platform: Link Here we chat with Shimail Gillani to the show as he discusses a scenario where he used a combination of Azure and DevOps in the Education sector to migrate applications into the cloud
- Big Data Processing & Analysis with Azure Databricks & Machine Learning: Link Azure Databricks is an Apache Spark-based analytics platform optimized for the Microsoft Azure cloud services platform. Databricks is integrated with Azure to provide one-click setup, streamlined workflows, and an interactive workspace that enables collaboration between data scientists, data engineers, and business analysts. Join us where we talk with Anthony Martin and Rich Johnson as they discuss the ins-and-outs of Big Data processing in Azure.
- Azure Security Center: Link Join us as we chat with fellow CSA Julian Soh where we discuss Azure network security best practices as well as give us a demo of the latest features and how to get started with the Azure Security Center.
- We’re Hiring CSAs! : Link Special Edition where we chat with Emily Gaudy from the Microsoft Talent Acquisition Team about landing a job at Microsoft and details about some of the openings we have
- Supporting a network in transition: How Microsoft made its move to the Cloud: Link 3 Part series where we discuss how Microsoft made the transition to the cloud via conversatoins with core engineering teams. From the planning and process behind migration considerations, internal customer demands and challenges, this is a must-watch episode if you are considering a move from on-premise infrastructure to an IaaS, SaaS or PaaS solution.
- Creating and Establishing Security Perimeters in the Cloud: Link 3 Part series where we discuss how Microsoft made the transition to the cloud via conversations with core engineering teams. Here we discuss how Microsoft addressed network security and evolved to allow for more productive use of Azure over time.
- DevOps and Agile at Microsoft: Link 3 Part series where we discuss how Microsoft made the transition to the cloud via conversations with core engineering teams. To close off the 3-part series, we review how Microsoft has embraced devops and agile practices to deploy critical line of business solutions into Azure.
- Solving real customer problems with durable Azure functions
On this episode we chat with Louis Berman, host of the AzureAbility podcast, on how he used Azure functions to quickly build a solution to ingest massive amounts of XML data being sent from trading partners his customer interfaced with. We see how you can quickly build solutions using Azure functions and walk through building more complex functions that maintain state with durable functions. Link
- Using Azure Bots to improve your business! (Link): In this episode we talk with our CSA colleague Melissa Lacefield and learn how she’s leveraged the power of the Bot framework to address some of her customer’s challenges. In this session we also walk through the basics of creating a Q&A bot in the Azure portal!
- Migrating a Massive data lake from on-prem into Azure (Link) On this episode we chat with our CSA colleague in Germany, Henning Rauch, where we hear how he moved petabytes of data from an on-premises data-lake into an Azure datalake and was able to create a versatile BI and reporting solution to address its global footprint: https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/20/why…
- Keeping Linux Systems up to Date with Magic in Azure (Link): Join us while we talk with CSA peers Allen Brokken and Shannon Kuehn on how they leveraged components of Azure to introduce automation for a customer to keep 1000’s of VMs updated regardless of where the infrastructure is running!
- Using the Azure Cloud Adoption Framework to Land Cloud Computing for Enterprise Customers (Link): Cloud computing allows you to move at a rapid pace, but thankfully Azure has capabilities to introduce guard rails without being too imposing. Check out our conversation with Principal Program Manager from Patterns and Practices, Derek Martin, about his experiences helping and guiding customers to establish governance plans. Microsoft has guides geared towards small and large enterprises available here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azur…
- Tales from the Breakdown Lane: Real World Stories and Problem solving on Azure (Link): On this episode we chat with Evan Basalik, a Principal Service Engineer in our Azure Customer Experience team, about some of the situations he’s helped customers work through. We chat about some common things to take into consideration and think about as you move workloads to the cloud. Microsoft has many architectural patterns published on designing for availability and scale available here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azur… Be sure to check out more from Evan and his colleagues at the Azure Podcast! http://azpodcast.azurewebsites.net/
- Cloud Scale Sites with Azure Front Door (Link): On this episode we chat with Andy Wahrenberger, a Principal Cloud Solutions Architect in our National Customer Success team, about what it takes to bring cloud scalability to customer’s web applications. Andy shows us that by using the Azure Front Door service, many customers can build highly available, highly performant and secure web applications that service their customers across the globe. Microsoft has Quick Tips and Best Practices for building your next web service or application while using Azure Front Door here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azur… Be sure to check out more from Andy sharing his insights and strategies with customers on the Microsoft DevRadio! https://aka.ms/DevRadio
- Cloud Scale Sites with Azure CDN (Link): We couldn’t stop him so Andy Wahrenberger, a Principal Cloud Solutions Architect in our National Customer Success team, rejoined us to tell us more about what it takes to bring cloud scalability to customer’s web applications. Andy shows us that by using the Azure’s Content Delivery Network or CDN service, many customers can build highly available, highly performant and secure web applications that service their customers across the globe. Microsoft has Quick Tips and Best Practices for building your next web service or application while using Azure CDN here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azur… Be sure to check out more from Andy sharing his insights and strategies with customers on the Microsoft DevRadio! https://aka.ms/DevRadio